Work confidently on career change
You're a coach who wants to work effectively with individuals in career transition
You're driven to helping people find and do fulfilling work.
Your professional training has given you strong coaching skills.
At the same time, you also want to feel more fully equipped with the tools you need to coach individuals through career change.
The Firework programme is designed to give you the confidence and credibility to effectively coach individuals going through career transition.
Based on two years of research and a 12-year track record, the programme provides a proven framework to help you take the individuals you work with, step by step to finding fulfilling work.
It's structured into three phases: Explore, Dream and Discover.
The programme runs over six months.
The key events include:
- An interactive training day in London
- Two quarterly follow-up group mentoring calls to give you support on maximising the benefit of Firework in your coaching practice
- An optional set of online masterclasses, run by experienced Firework coaches, designed to accelerate your coaching practice (more details will be released soon)
The programme will also provide you with:
- A lifelong Firework certification
- A licence to use the programme with your clients, together with a badge to use on your website and materials
- A detailed career coach's manual and complete set of online white-labelled client materials ready for use with your clients
- Access to all ongoing updates to the programme and materials
- 7.25 ICF Continuing Coach Education Credits (CCEUs) for attending the training
- Membership of the Licensed Firework Coaches LinkedIn community
Firework is not designed to teach you foundational coaching skills.
Instead, it's an advanced programme designed to add an additional framework and set of tools to the coaching capabilities you already have.
As such, Firework is designed for existing coaches and is by application only.
Previous participants have included life coaches, career coaches, executive coaches, career counsellors and HR professionals.
The programme is a fabulous resource for coaches. Previously with clients ‘stuck’ around their career, I would use a mix of tools from my past training and experience. The programme has provided me with a proven process and tools, which is so valuable.
You’ll be led by two highly experienced career coaches and trainers
Since 2007, Sue Powell has been Senior Faculty for the Coaches Training Institute, one of the most highly respected professional coach training schools in the world.
Her varied sector experience includes Professional Services, Finance, IT, Charities, Communications, Public Sector and Retail.
Sue is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (International Coaching Federation accredited) and an Organisation and Relationship Systems Coach Training – ORSC. She is also a Licensed Firework Career Coach and has been training others in Firework since 2007.
Michelle Bayley has been working as a coach since 2002.
She also has 25 years' experience of working in government with ministers and at Board level, advising on communications strategy and delivery.
Michelle has the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) accreditation with the International Coach Federation (since 2010) and is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (2004). She is also a Licensed Firework Career Coach (2004) and has been training others in Firework since 2007.
- Strengthen your confidence in working effectively with people in career transition, through having a structured but flexible framework you can tailor to your clients' needs
- Attract more clients through having the credibility of being licensed by one of the longest-established and most trusted career change coach training providers
- Continue to improve your practice through ongoing support from a high-quality network of peers
This programme is extremely good value. Since my training last year I've used it with 31 clients, which means I've earned back the initial cost 75 times over. Firework has been key to me establishing a thriving coaching practice. It's moved both the quality of my offer to my clients and the success of my practice onto a different plain.
The next programme starts in June
Our next available programme starts in June 2017 and completes in December 2017.
The Training Day takes place on Wednesday 7th June 2017.
The dates for the group mentoring calls and masterclasses will be announced ahead of the programme.
Training Day location & logistics
The Firework Training Day takes place at the beautiful Pembroke Lodge in Richmond, Surrey. Timings are 9.30am-5.30pm.
Richmond is within easy reach of London Victoria, Waterloo and East Croydon stations. If you're coming from overseas, Richmond is also easily accessible from Heathrow airport.
Accommodation information is available on request.
The day includes tea / coffee and a hot buffet lunch.
The final reduced fee for the 6-month Firework programme is £1,595 + VAT, a saving of £300 off the regular fee of £1,895 + VAT – or you can take part for four monthly instalments of £425 + VAT.
These rates are valid until 31st May 2017.
Places & applications
We are now more than 85% full for the June programme and have a limited number of remaining places available.
If you are interested in applying for a place, please complete the short form at the bottom of this page.
I spent a lot of time researching how I could get further training in career coaching and I don't know what I would even compare it to. Firework was the only obvious choice. I have made my investment back many, many times over.