How to help your clients communicate in a way that opens up more opportunities
This masterclass includes:
- 1.5 hour live online session
- Ready-to-use client exercises
- You’re a new or established coach working with clients on their careers
- Your clients struggle to know how to talk about themselves in their career change
- Your clients feel they lack credibility in career exploration and are getting knocked back when they apply for new roles
- Your clients want advice about writing an effective CV and LinkedIn profile, and you don't normally offer CV writing services
- You have clients who feel they can't break out of the box they're in and so are prevented from beginning the process of career change
- Greater confidence for yourself as a coach working with clients around the key issue of messaging
- Two new and practical tools – 'Smart Labels' and 'Focused Recommendations' – to help your clients craft their primary written and verbal messages
- An ability to help your clients get recommended and get better referrals
- Coaching techniques to help clients increase credibility and gain market impact with more payback from their messaging
- A way of helping clients achieve clarity, focus, and increased confidence in their career change
- New and valuable coach connections
Your Masterclass will be led by
Career Strategist & Author
John Lees is one of the UK’s best-known career strategists. He has published 15 books on careers and work including the UK best-seller ‘How to Get a Job You Love’ and his latest, ‘Get Ahead in Your New Job’. His books have been translated into Arabic, Georgian, Polish, Japanese and Spanish.
John was previously Chief Executive of the Institute of Employment Consultants and was a founding board member of the Career Development Institute. He holds degrees from the Universities of Cambridge, London and Liverpool and is a NICEC Fellow.
… and facilitated by
Journalist, Broadcaster & Coach
Rachel is a freelance journalist and broadcaster for the BBC, a facilitator, podcaster, Personal Development Coach and Firework Career Coach. She’s passionate about helping smart women not lose themselves amid the wonders and the challenges of motherhood.
How is the Masterclass delivered?
The Masterclass will take place on Zoom Meeting. In order to get the most out of the masterclass, you'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with a microphone and camera.
What’s the format of the masterclass?
The Masterclass will be a mix of instruction from our Masterclass expert, interactive exercises practising using the new tools and an interactive Q&A session.
I’m not free on the day / at the time of the Masterclass. Can I still take part?
Unfortunately not. Much of the value of the Masterclass will come from interactively practising the new tools in small groups, and this needs to be done live.
- Will you be sharing a recording of the Masterclass?
No. Because a good part of the Masterclass will be run in breakout rooms, we won’t be sharing a recording of the session
Will I be able to ask questions to the speakers?
Yes, there will be time throughout the session and towards the end to ask questions.
What equipment will I need to take part?
You'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with sound.
What will I need to prepare ahead of the Masterclass?
If you have time, it would benefit you to review the exercises and coach guidance for each exercise, which we’ll send you ahead of the Masterclass.
Do I need to be a coach to take part in the masterclass?
Yes, though it’s fine if you’re right at the start of your coaching journey. Some basic knowledge of coaching skills will be important.
- I’m already a Firework licensed career coach. Will I learn anything new in the Masterclass?
Yes. The content of this Masterclass, including the two tools, is brand new and not part of the Firework Programme.
Is the masterclass discounted for Firework coaches?
Yes. If you are a Firework licensed coach, you will have received an email about this. If you haven’t please contact us on email@example.com.