How to contract with your clients in a way that leads to better outcomes
This masterclass includes:
- 1.5 hour live online session
- Ready-to-use exercises
- You don’t know the best way to contract with your clients
- You find it difficult to establish what clients really want out of the coaching relationship
- You have clients who initially present with one issue, but you discover they’re looking for something different
- Your clients change their focus very quickly or get distracted
- Your clients are initially optimistic about change or progress, but become dispirited when they hit barriers
- You have clients who are ‘stuck’, not making progress, not doing their homework, and cancelling sessions
- An understanding of ways you can contract with a client before you start work, in the first session, and in every session
- Practical tools to help discover what clients are really looking for
- Two new practical tools to support effective contracting
- Coaching techniques to achieve clarity with clients about what they need and what you will do to assist in terms of thinking and activity
- Greater confidence for yourself as a coach managing coaching relationships and establishing boundaries
Your Masterclass will be led by
Career Strategist & Author
John Lees is one of the UK’s best-known career strategists. He has published 15 books on careers and work including the UK best-seller ‘How to Get a Job You Love’ and his latest, ‘Get Ahead in Your New Job’. His books have been translated into Arabic, Georgian, Polish, Japanese and Spanish.
John was previously Chief Executive of the Institute of Employment Consultants and was a founding board member of the Career Development Institute. He holds degrees from the Universities of Cambridge, London and Liverpool and is a NICEC Fellow.
… and facilitated by
Former BBC Journalist, Facilitator & Coach
Rachel spent over 15 years as a BBC news presenter before training as a Personal Development Coach. She is also a licensed Firework Career Coach focused on supporting women to redesign their work lives after motherhood.
How is the Masterclass delivered?
The Masterclass will take place on Zoom Meeting. In order to get the most out of the masterclass, you'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with a microphone and camera.
What’s the format of the masterclass?
The Masterclass will be a mix of instruction from our Masterclass expert, interactive exercises practising using the new tools and an interactive Q&A session.
I’m not free on the day / at the time of the Masterclass. Can I still take part?
Unfortunately not. Much of the value of the Masterclass will come from interactively practising the new tools in small groups, and this needs to be done live.
- Will you be sharing a recording of the Masterclass?
No. Because a good part of the Masterclass will be run in breakout rooms, we won’t be sharing a recording of the session.
Will I be able to ask questions to the speakers?
Yes, there will be time throughout the session and towards the end to ask questions.
What equipment will I need to take part?
You'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with sound.
What will I need to prepare ahead of the Masterclass?
If you have time, it would benefit you to review the exercises and coach guidance for each exercise, which we’ll send you ahead of the Masterclass.
Do I need to be a coach to take part in the masterclass?
Yes, though it’s fine if you’re right at the start of your coaching journey. Some basic knowledge of coaching skills will be important.
- I’m already a Firework licensed career coach. Will I learn anything new in the Masterclass?
Yes. The content of this Masterclass, including the two tools, is brand new and not part of the Firework Programme.
Is the masterclass discounted for Firework coaches?
Yes. If you are a Firework licensed coach, you will have received an email about this. If you haven’t please contact us on [email protected].